Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sri Nirwana Maju


Nirwana a.k.a. Nirvana word is origin from a sunskrit word that simply stands for bondage in the repeating cycle of death and rebirth. This particular restaurant has been around Klang Valley for quite some time and many people know about it. I'm still blogging it because I'm trying to spread to other people who don't know about this particular restaurant.

Basically, what they famous for is their Banana Leaf rice. In India, banana leaf's rice is to be known as a low class and meant for the poor to eat. However, in Malaysia, the fact about this banana leaf's rice is not really meant for the poor? Many people goes for the rice because of the authenticity of the Indian food the served. Here, other than Banana Leaf's rice they do serve other Indian food.

Where is this Restaurant Sri Nirwana Maju?
For your information, Restaurant Sri Nirwana Maju is located in Bangsar opposite Bangsar Village Mall, Jalan Telawi 3. I would say that this is a very happening area because parking will be an issue. Some people even double parked their car just to eat at their restaurant. Below will the the map for the restaurant;

So, what is so great about this Banana Leaf's rice??
Instead serving you rice on a plate, they gave you banana leaf. This make the whole thing unique and tasty? Once you order this Banana leaf set, they will give you 3 types of vegetables which will be fried crispy bitter gourd (something like tempura), marinated cucumber, and cabbage or some other type of fried vegetables. Apart from this, they also serve you so called appetiser which is soup called "rasam" (not sure about the spelling) and also papadum. If you don't know, the rice and the 3 vegetables is bottomless - you may top up if not enough!

On top of this, you also may order their other dishes such as fried chicken, fish, mutton and etc. but their side dish will be quite expensive. For me, I quite like their curried mutton as it is spicy enough and the meat is tender enough!!

This place service consider ok only because their customer normally have to wait for table and chairs, but once you're seated they will be very quick in serving (quite efficient). About the price of the food, I think it's still affordable. For example, my friend and I ordered 2 Banana Leaf sets, 2 teh halia and a curried mutton (small) cost about RM19++. I dare to say that the price affordable because each time I went there I will ask for "kurang nasi" (you can tambah nasi as much as you can...as long as YOU DON'T WASTE IT because wasting food is just BAD!) and in the end I also fill very full! So, you judge it yourself whether is it worthy or not...=)



p/s: I love the bitter gourd a lot that I need to ask for extra whenever they serve me! *nyek nyek*

2 comments:

justin k said...

Oh, I've been there before. Once. It's pretty good. And yes, I had the banana leaf rice. But I don't go to bangsar that often.

†<ק×ë×Ã×n×>†® said...

hehe....indeed it's yummy~