Saturday, May 8, 2010

Last day of Tranining

SMI Corporate Services Sdn Bhd

I cannot believe myself that time really FLIES!!! I still remember that after my exam ended on January, I was so busy with my sister's wedding and after the wedding I have to rushed back to KL for my training. Everything seems like just yesterday - all the events were still fresh in my mind.

During my first day in Adrian Yeo & Co. or I should say SMI Corporate Services (Secretary Department), all the trainees were waiting for a briefing from our HR, Claudine. But before the briefing starts, we were asked to go to 3rd Floor for our breakfast as there were some one just came back from maternity, so got a small "kenduri" in the office. As all of us were still new, we were kind of hesitated to help ourselves on the food. Right after the food, we went down to 1st floor again for the briefing. Once the briefing ended, we were brought to tour around the office and also were introduced to all the staffs there then followed by meeting the Senior Manager, Janet for the allocation of department. At first, Cheng Jie and I were told to be in Tax department. In actual fact, we applied for Company Secretary position. So, we voiced out and only either one of us get to be in Company Sec. Department due to lack of place.

I seriously need to thank Cheng Jie for giving me this opportunity to be in Com. Sec. Dept as I have always wanted to be in Company Secretary so eagerly. When I first stepped into Company Secretary Department, they never pamper me for not letting me to do anything! I were introduced to our operating systems and the filing methods. Once being told, I've to put my hands on to work - filing was the first thing I ever done over there. To be honest, when I was first doing it, I really had a big headache because I really do not know what is Form 24, Form 44, Form 49...etc! I really have no idea what are those things and I'm doing it blindly first. Later on, I was told what is thins and what is that. I'm really glad that they are not selfish in teaching and guiding me this noob! I'm seriously impressed! Apart from filing, of course I did other things too like preparing AGM, Incorporation, attend AGM, prepare resolution and etc.

I have one great Manager, Sue, who is very concerning about me. She asked me from time-to-time what I've learnt and so on. She just try to make sure that I learn as much as I can during my training. No doubt that I did gave a few heart-attack scene to my colleague, but I was never being scolded. Their patience and tolerance were that high which is much respected by me! I seriously had my great moment there to mined a lot of experience from there.

I seriously don't know how show my gratitude, but thousands of thanks to all of them for guiding me from zero to something else is the least I could do. Good bye to all my dear "trainers" and I will remember whatever you guys thought me!

THANK YOU!!!

No comments: