Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Amarin Heavenly Thai


If anyone ever think of having Thai Cuisine, Amarin Heavenly Thai - Sea Cuisine should be one of your choices. This particular restaurant impressed me from its head to toes. After working out our asses out for these 3 months, I decided to hang out with my beloved classmates before we leave for our hometown.

I must thank my classmate for could not make it to buy movie ticket as we are supposed to watch movie. She couldn’t make it because the queue was TOO long due to movie day…sigh~ Besides movie day, it was J’card day too…so basically, Midvalley has became “human jungle” for that day. It was CARZY because I hardly can breathe when we walked in Jusco.


About this Amarin Heavenly Thai,

When my friend (Cheng Jie) and I walked into the restaurant, the staff over there was very attentive and gave us a warm welcome followed by ushering us to an empty table. Then, the menu came right after we were seated by the waitress.


When the menu came, it took us quite some time in ordering because both of us were not sure what to order and also we are still waiting for the other 2 friends of ours (Chen Chen and Chea Chin).


The staffs over there were very polite as they are unlike some other restaurants’ staff that keeps bugging you on what to order. Come on man, if we know what to order, what is the point of dragging right? Luckily, they didn’t bug us like others.


Apart from the service being nice, the ambiance over there were great too. They have cozy and warmth ambiance. Not really Thai style of deco, but it’s a modern type of interior.






Here come the food moment…we ordered 3 dishes (Green Curried Chicken, Naked Duck and Taufu Thod) and a soup (Tom Yam Gong – thick). I would say, they served one of the best Green Curried Chicken. When our food is served, I could scent the coconut milk fragrance that came from the green curried chicken that I no longer can stand my temptation but I have to dig in! The green curried chicken was really amazing and I really finished it DRY! Not only that, the tom yam gong was great too! These 2 dishes were the best of the best. The other 2 was OK-LAH kind of feel only…not much of satisfaction compared to the Tom Yam Gong and Green Curried Chicken. After having such a spicy food, we top up with a dessert. We ordered water chestnut in coconut milk (Thab Tim Krob – if I’m not mistaken). We only ordered 1 to share because all of us were quite full after the adding of rice. Speaking of rice, their rice is a pure fragrance rice which give you a very nice smell and you can just eat it on its own!

Green Curried Chicken


Tom Yam Gong - thick


Naked Duck


Taufu Thob



Water Chestnut in Coconut Milk - Thab Tim Krob

Pure Chamomile Tea


To spice up my satisfaction, with CIMB credit card you are entitled for 15% discount! I have one, so yeah...we enjoyed that 15%!! They do have other promotions for cards too but CIMB is one of it. Since this restaurant had spiced up so much, the price for the foods were also kinda “spiced up” (expensive) too. But for me, I still think that it's reasonable because compared to other restaurant, the price is about that same because after divided, it was about RM22++ per person!! I think I would say YES for second, third, forth, fifth........times? HAHA! I really enjoy it!


No comments: