Saturday, July 31, 2010

Yoga Retreat (1 Day)

My 1st ever retreat in my life...
I still remember how much I wished for this event way back I started yoga - 3 years AGO! I viewed people's blog talking about the retreat and how much fun they had which made me so keen about it but never had the chance.
Actually there were a few retreat had been held in last year until beginning of this year. I couldn't make it due to most of the retreat held previously clashed with my EXAM...So unfortunately, I can't make it. Today was different because I HAVE MADE IT and I'm filled with satisfaction.

During this retreat, we did Arm Balance & Inversion (by JH Foo), Vinyasa (by Matthew Kemp) and Acro Yoga (by Foo). These 3 modules suite me because I need to improve my arm balances (i.e. Hand Stand). For all these while, I could not make it well because of the too-flexible-back that caused to get "BANANA (or C shaped)" and loose balance later on.
As for Vinyasa, I had been learning it way back in Penang when I was still with Celebrity Fitness, Janice used to conduct this. I quite like it personally because we have to move with our breath - just like dance. The difference within both of these will be - Vinyasa flow with our breath (one breath, one movement) and Dance (you got to dance with beats). If all the flow did well with our breath, it will look very smooth and nice just like a dance.
Acro yoga...as the name suggest, it is an Acrobatic Yoga which collaborate acrobatics movement indulge with yoga poses. The poses for acro yoga is kind of DYNAMIC as it requires a lot of strength and balances, maybe a little of flexibility. Apart from that, we need 2 persons or maybe 3 persons (for beginner) to make it workable. The reason for us to have "3rd" person as he will be the supporter - to avoid injury. Acro yoga is one of the yoga that I'm a fan of since I came into it on youtube 2 years ago. There is a plus point for Acro Yoga as it require all of us to use a lot of muscles work. So it will be as good as doing weights.

Apart from the modules, the most importantly, it was held at Golden Palm Tree Resort. It was a great place as it is NEW and those hotels were built on the sea? Apart from that, they sponsored the venue for us to use. Overall, everything was just great and I did had lots of fun there...and now I'm kind of exhausted because of the EARLY wake up and all those flows and stuns.

For pictures, please check my Facebook as I'm still uploading it...=)

Certainly, I keen to look forward for more retreats/workshops provided I have the time!! After since I came to KL, my yoga life went revolution and I'm enjoying it very much...! I didn't regret to make an option to come here for studies...

No comments: