Monday, June 15, 2009

Put theory into practical

Everytime I'm asked to do 'seated forward' from 'downward dog pose' using jumping technique, I really dont get the concept and I dont know which part I should focus on. Today, it's a very nice try - at least I put those theory into practical. Now, I know how is it flow and which part I should focus on.
Sounds interesting right?? *hehe*

By the way, let me quote something from what one of the yoga teacher told me during his class - Donald from FF told us "yoga is about self discovery - and it's also a way to understand your body". I found this statement is useful because today, I've discover something which I always have problem with. (Actually I still cant really do it, but I've understand the technique as well as the theory).

So, what is downward dog pose?? what is seated forward leg??
This is what I trying to say all the time..=D

Today, I went to swim with my housemate at the condo I'm staying in. After swimming, I was thinking something about yoga, but I'm not sure what I'm thinking also. As for that, suddenly I've the thought of doing something that I always have problem with, which will be to do 'seated forward' from 'downward dog pose' using jumping technique.
Michelle always told us to use core strength and a little of arm balance to jump through. I know what she is saying, but I really dont know how is it feel nor which is the part need to be concentrate on. Until just now was trying in the pool, as water made our weight lighter - probably the best place to get theory into practice because we wont get injured, and it can be practical.
After I did it a few times, I could really feel the part I really need to use. Basically, we need to use the whole core, as in abs strength by contracting them and using some arm strength to leave you up and put your leg through between hands.
These are the parts you need to use! =)

Today, I've discover something new, and would like to share with people so that you'll understand more..=)

Enjoy yoga...=)

p/s: I dont really have the flow in my blog because I type what I think at the same time trying to find pict to illustrate. So, bear with it yeahh?? I hope you get what I wanna convey...=)

No comments: